I really wanted to write this post last week since I’m trying to hold myself to progress reports, but things were way beyond my control… so have a late progress report instead. Better late than never, right?
Uke practice was way more sporadic than I wanted it to be last month and into this month. This is bad because this leads to the loss of strength with my strumming finger, which puts me back at square one and in pain for any stretch of practice.
I need to get back into the swing of things, and I’m talking today!
Anyhow. What I did practice over February was mostly the three new chords that I started learning in January. Also a hold over of my lack of practice, I didn’t make any forward progress on learning something new. I want to turn that around this month though as I’d like to continue with the current exercise and push on to a new song in EEI if I can.
I also need to refocus on scales and fingerstyle a bit. I let that slip last month, and if I’m not careful, it’s easy to forget notation. Especially since it rivals the notation I know for my fiddle practice.
Anyhow, I’m afraid it’s not so much a progress report this time as a “let’s get back on the ball” report this month. Hopefully, March will turn out better (though the first week was a wash already). I can turn it around, though!
See you again in a few weeks!