First, I want to send a short apology!
Last night, I was updating some old content (mostly just changing categories), and for some reason WordPress decided to notify followers as if I were publishing them as new posts. I was completely unaware of that until my sister let me know she was getting emails for merely updating old posts!
Incredibly sorry for any notifications – have no idea why WordPress does that or if there’s a way to stop it from doing that when you update old posts. Suffice to say, I’m done moving things around, and I rarely do that, so hopefully that will be the end of it.
As some may know, I had pulled fiddle content into this blog a while back. Earlier this year, I decided I wanted to explore hosting it somewhere else again and trying out a new site editor I was messing with.
While I was able to do that using this site editor, I wasn’t 100% happy with the results. Mostly because the blogging side of the site editor is lacking in a number of features I need to make a robust blog. While the software is continuously being updated, I’ve been watching what they’ve been focused on, and none of it seems to be around the features I need.
Along comes the full site block editing for WP where I’m now able to create templates to make parts of my blog look like a completely separate website. I did this for my Uke content, and I knew I wanted to try it for my fiddle stuff, too.
The one design snag that was keeping me from doing so was that I couldn’t figure out how to put a background image on a template page. I don’t know why, but my fiddle blogs HAVE to have this woodgrain background image just because that’s the vibe I want them to have.
This past week, I finally figured out how to make that happen (you use a Cover element as the container – that can have media as a background). So, I knew that once my concerns about WP plans were eased, I’d be moving my fiddle content back to this blog.
I say moving, but I really didn’t have to do much in the way of moving. The posts were all still here, just set to private. I did change some categories around… so again, apologies if WP notified you of things it shouldn’t have!
Mostly, I needed to construct templates for the main fiddle page, side fiddle pages and post pages for fiddle content. I’m getting a lot more proficient at making block templates, so this went far more smoothly than previous template construction, and I was able to get the content all up and running last night as the Lilting Fiddle section!