Sometime during the fall/winter of 2018, I found myself inspired to try to learn to play the fiddle. I knew that going into this as an adult beginner would be a challenge and a learning process. So, I decided it would also make for some great blogging! Not to mention, writing about my experiences might help someone else, and will hopefully keep me motivated to play!
Net Fiddler is where I document from a complete newcomer perspective all the things I learn to play. I’m figuring things out on my own in a self-taught manner, and I hope to provide lots of online resources that I find useful as I make new discoveries.
Fiddle Focus Practice Plan
- Exercise: Collé
- Bowing: Throw-Away
- String Crossing: Stop N Rock
- Vibrato Exercise: Rolls with Bowing – 96 bpm
- I Love My Scales: Track 5 – A Major Subdivision Scales
- Sight Reading Practice – Difficulty 2 – at Sight Reading Factory
- Essential Elements Interactive: Long, Long Ago
- Fiddle Primer: Blind Mary
- Basic Celtic Fiddle Tunes: Skye Boat Song