Last year, this blog was a Newbie Blogger Initiative (NBI) initiate. This year, we’re a sponsor!
What is NBI?
From the official website:
The purpose of NBI is pretty basic. We’re here to:
- Promote aspiring game bloggers.
- Establish a friendly support network to nurture those bloggers.
- Create an on-going community for bloggers that’s available 24/7/365
My History with NBI
While I wasn’t a total newbie blogger (I’ve written for several blogs over the years), this particular blog was still new last year. So, I decided I’d take the plunge and join the NBI, mostly because I wanted to meet other folks in the community.
Turns out that it was a great idea! The NBI helped this blog get going by nudging traffic our way, highlighting my work, and making me better known by the other established bloggers. I’d now like to call some of these bloggers friends and peers (if they allow me!). Not only that, but I became more active on Twitter, and a year later, I still have the same enthusiasm for blogging as I did back then.
This is the first blog that I’ve maintained for over a year… and I’m still inspired to keep writing even today! I think a lot of that came with the idea that I am part of a gamer blogger community.
New? Lost? We Can Help!
I know writers can often be shy folks, but don’t be shy. Your thoughts and point of view are important! There is always room for more gaming bloggers because we all have different gaming experiences and preferences.
- If you ever thought about blogging about games, but don’t know where to start, we’re here to help.
- If you have a new gaming blog, but don’t know where to find readers and community, we’d love to help!
- If you have a gaming blog that you haven’t updated in far too long, and you’re looking for a reason to blog again, we can help.
Just head over the the NBI Forums, sign up and leave a post in the NBI Check-In. I want to put you on my feed reader!