Guys! Guys! The hype meter just went off the scale for me!
Samurai was announced, and that was no huge surprise, though a pleasant confirmation.
But what I didn’t see coming (though I should have given the fact that SAM come from Doma) was the full-feature inclusion of Doma itself.
Holy crap! DOMAAAAA! *battle cry*
This (and that amazing undewater city above!!) is what the team has been sitting on secretly, and I’m blown away and super excited!
I totally want housing in Doma!
That was just off the top of my head, but it looks like we’re GETTING HOUSING IN DOMA!
— Square Enix USA (@SquareEnixUSA) February 18, 2017
Move feature please???
And it’s been confirmed: “Also house moving feature coming”
Oh man! New house for me!
Here’s the new FULL Stormblood trailer:
What we know about SAM, taken from Reddit Live Thread:
- SAM is melee DPS
- Job Quest begins in Eorzea
- Start level: 50
- Associated class: none
- Main weapon: Katana
- Battle design: Gear is same as Monks
- Art of Sen, and its 3 forces: setsu, getsu, and ka
- Store energy in katana to unleash special attacks
- Timing of these attacks are big part of combat
With only two jobs added, and both being DPS, they addressed a few other concerns:
- Earlier they talked about DPS queue times and have been watching statistics during 3.x so they felt it would work out okay. People who play heal/tank typically stayed that role
- They hope to breath new life into existing tank & healer with the combat refresh