Here we are, another year come and gone, and this blog is still here!
I know that it’s not quite as active as it was years in the past, but much of that is because my interests have fractured off into several other blogs.
- A year ago, I began the long process of learning to play fiddle, which turned into my NetFiddler blog.
- Two years ago, I got involved with the FFXIV RP scene, which resulted in my still heavily used Spot of Mummery RP Tumblr.
- And then over the holidays I picked up the new hobby of diamond painting, which resulted in me creating a log and updating at Sygnus.org.
These were all things that really needed their own space, but they do take away from the time I spend writing this blog. Still, 2019 has seen me keeping consistent goals each month here, as well as discussing my progress in games. Since Shadowbringers launched this year, a good chunk of it has been FFXIV content. But I have a smattering of Switch and Steam gaming in there, too.
I also heavily participated in Blaugust last year, writing a post a day for the whole month of August. While much of this was gaming, it also touched on topics like:
- Value Yourself, Value Your Content
- Being Social on WordPress: Turning on Likes and Reblogs
- Amazing World of Sketchbook Tours
- Adding A Favicon to WordPress
- Making Money by Blogging with WordAds
- Blaugust Brainstorming – Using Gmail Tasks
- Staying Motivated
- RSS Feed Readers – The Big Switch
- Let’s Talk About WordPress Reader
So, as you can see, I also wrote a chunk of posts for the newer blogging crowd I saw pop up during Blaugust this past year.
To be perfectly honest, I don’t have a log of big plans for this blog going into the 6th year of operation. I’m pretty content with continuing it the way I have – a casual blog where I write when I’m inspired or have something I want to share.
As my interests spread out, that may mean that content here comes and goes a bit, depending on what strikes me as interesting in the gaming/geeking realms. And that’s okay! I think that the reason this blog continues on is because it’s low-pressure and something I view as for fun.
Hopefully, I’ll see you back here next year for lucky number 7!